Although, thankfully, in the UK notifiable fatal and serious injuries in the workplace are reducing, there are still over 1million injuries to workers annually and over 2million cases of ill-health caused or made worse by work. Many thousands are still dying prematurely as a result of conditions such as occupational cancer. The annual cost to the economy is in the region of £30billion.
No business wants its people to be injured or wishes to be prosecuted or served with enforcement notices by inspectors. When it comes to investing in health and safety training, it is not just a case of doing the right thing; it is underpinned by a very strong business case.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK. This occupational safety training course helps managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisation gain a broad understanding of key health and safety issues. Many people undertake this qualification as a first step in a career in health and safety as it provides a valuable overview and sound basis for further professional study.
This occupational safety training course should provide an understanding of health and safety legislation to enable delegates to monitor safety performance in their workplace, investigate accidents effectively and assist in the design and implementation of safe systems of work and accident prevention programmes. It will also provide an appreciation of hazards associated with typical workplace activities, enabling them to fulfill their occupational health and safety responsibilities and assist with management of safety within the workplace.
This occupational safety training course is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff with health and safety among their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as safety professionals on their first level of formal training.
- The NEBOSH Certificate enables the holder to apply for membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at Technician level (TechIOSH)
- Accredited by Ofqual at Level 3 in the International Qualifications Framework
- Internationally-recognised professional qualification acknowledged and requested by employers
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of key health and safety issues and legal requirements affecting the workplace.
The syllabus has three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- IGC1 Management of Health and Safety
- IGC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards
- IGC3 Health and Safety Practical Application
Units NGC1 and NGC2 are taught units each assessed by a two-hour written examination.
Unit NGC3 is assessed by a two-hour practical examination, held on a date set by the course provider and must be taken within 14 days of a written examination. The practical examination is internally assessed by RoSPA and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
- Block learning 10-day programme
- Flexible learning 2 block weeks at different times of the year
- E-learning: learn at your own pace in your own surroundings
- In-company: delivered at a location and date to suit your organisation.
The course concludes with the RoSPA Safety Inspectors Certificate examinations, providing a benchmark from which delegates can move forward and take the NEBOSH International General Certificate Examinations.